Follow the rules for appropriate cardiovascular training according to the American College of Sports Medicine. In addition to the basic principles of a healthy cardiovascular training, the Drums Alive® program should also include the following:
- Gradually build patterns in intensity and complexity.
- Movement and rhythm are built on each other, from basic to more complex, in order to challenge the participants and allow them to achieve mastery.
- During this section you can increase to 160 -180 BPM for a few moments to allow for personal expression or stress and aggression release, as well as to promote a feeling of euphoria.
- The Power Beats choreography can last from approximately 15 – 45 minutes, depending upon the participants’ physical and cognitive level.
Focus on achieving the following during the Power Beats cardiovascular workout:
- Increase the heart rate, respiration rate and caloric expenditure (burn fat)
- Improve drumming and locomotor skills
- Combine drumming and movement to create a synergistic flow of mind and body
- Integrate right and left brain work
- Modify to fit all populations
- Increase socialization and team work
- Have FUN!